The Kátha-Soma Health Blog provides dialogue about women’s gynecologic health; some topics include:
● Vulva Vaginal Changes With Age
● Postmenopause Vulva and Vagina Changes (part one and part two)
● What is Vulvodynia?
● What is Vulvar Dystrophy?
● What is Vulvitis?
● Sexual Arousal in the Vulva
● Vulva Eczema
Keirá Feminine provides relief for women with vulva dryness, inflammatory vulvodynia, vulva psoriasis, vulva dermatitis/eczema, lichen sclerosis, and Sjogren’s Syndrome. Keirá is also formulated for post menopause labia/vulva dryness, and women with cancer treatment induced labia/vulva dryness. To learn more about Keirá Feminine click here.
A few gynecological health conditions are noted below, for more detailed information about each condition see the specific blog section or use the search bar.
● The Vulva is a woman’s outside genital area, the vagina is a woman’s internal genital. The vulva and vagina have different cell/tissue structure. A woman’s vagina consists of three layers of tissue: the epithelium, the lamina propria and the muscularis. Vulva skin consists of three primary layers: the epidermis, the dermis and the hypodermis. When estrogen levels are low the vulvar and vagina tissue become thinner and fragile resulting in symptoms and discomfort.
● Vulvitis is not a disease, but refers to the inflammation of the soft folds of skin on the outside of the female genitalia, the vulva.
● Vulvodynia is the medical term used to describe unexplained and persistent pain in a woman’s genital area (the vulva).
● Vulvar Vestibulitis pain. irritation to the area surrounding the entrance to the vagina (introitus).
● Vaginismus the muscle walls of the vagina contract or spasm in response to attempted insertion, for example with a tampon or penis.
● Dyspareunia painful intercourse; often due to low levels of estrogen, such as post menopause.
● Atrophy is a medical term meaning the tissue becomes thin and fragile (much like when fabric or the sole of a shoe wears away). For example, after menopause due to diminished estrogen production from the ovaries, the vulva losses thickness/padding and natural moisture contributing to dryness and discomfort for many post-menopause women.
● Pelvic Congestion Syndrome: enlarged/swollen varicose type veins around the uterus and ovaries.
Kātha Soma™ therapeutics work in harmony to support the body’s natural capacity to protect, balance and renew.
DISCLAIMER. The content presented within the Kātha Soma™ website is not intended as or should be considered as medical advice. Please consult with a healthcare practitioner for individual medical recommendations. Medicinal Scents™, Intimate Scents™ and Meditative Scents™ are developed and distributed exclusively by Kātha Soma™ Consumer Healthcare. USA/2017.