This page is under construction March 2017.
Meditative Scents™ help individuals deepen their meditation, yoga or spiritual practice so they can engage with the peace and happiness that naturally lies within. Namaste!
Meditative Scents™ includes two distinct mind/body fragrance blends.
Within Soma™ is for use during meditation and yoga.
Soma Snow™ is to maintain post meditation, post yoga mindfulness during day to day activities.
• Within Soma™ to calm (Samatha) the mind and deepen meditation, yoga, spiritual practice. Apply a pea size drop along each collar bone and/or under the tip of the nose prior to meditation, yoga or spiritual practice. The skin’s warmth, retains and subtly releases the natural fragrance to the nasal olfactory receptors high up in the nasal passages. See smell/brain communication explanation below.
• Soma Snow™ to help apply a post meditation, post yoga mindfulness to your day to day activities. Apply a pea size drop along each collar bone and/or under the tip of the nose once a day. The skin’s warmth, retains and subtly releases the natural fragrance to the olfactory receptors in the nasal passages. The fragrance dissipates, however the mind/body message remains for several hours.
Samatha is the Buddhist meditation practice of the calming of the mind through mindfulness of breathing. Samatha (means calm) meditation is a gentle way of training the mind to develop inner strength and freedom from turmoil, leading on to clarity and understanding.
Mindfulness exercises a grounding function. It anchors the mind securely in the present, so it does not float away into the past and future with their memories, regrets, fears, and hopes.
Meditative Scents™ utilize the olfactory system to communicate with the brain. These proprietary blends are formulated to subtly affect the limbic system. The limbic system is a collection of structures within the brain that play a major role in sensory processing, time perception, attention, consciousness, mood, memory, behavior and emotion.
The limbic system and the brains prefrontal cortex are coupled; and this prefrontal limbic is strengthened when practicing mindfulness.
Upon detecting a smell the olfactory neurons in the upper part of the nose generate an impulse which is passed to the brain along the olfactory nerve. The part of the brain this arrives at first is called the olfactory bulb, which processes the signal and then passes information about the smell to other areas closely connected to it, collectively known as the limbic system. The olfactory bulb has direct connections to two brain areas that are strongly implicated in emotion and memory: the amygdala and hippocampus.
Note: These proprietary olfactory blends provide a subliminal affect. Additionally,
1) the scent is subtle, discernible only to the user.
2) natural, bio-friendly ingredients help limit sensory overload.
3) product labels are gender neutral
Subliminal: below the threshold of sensation or consciousness; perceived by or affecting someone’s mind without their being aware of it.
Supplied .50 oz white jar (see photo) cost $42.00 USA includes shipping.
Packaged in a white gift box, nested with natural raffia.
Developing mindfulness of breathing. The word ânàpànasati is a Pali word that literally means mindfulness (or full awareness) on the in and out breath. After having followed your in-breath and out-breath for a few minutes you will notice that your in-breath and out-breath now have a much better quality, because mindfulness, when touching anything, increases the quality of that thing.
Anapana Sati with attention to the breath. Ana – to take in. Sati – mindfulness.
Vajrayogini is the female Buddha of wisdom; highest yoga tantra practice.
Mahamudra is a Sanskrit word that means union of bliss and emptiness, the very essence of Buddhist Tantric meditation.
Kātha-Soma therapeutics are distributed through e-commerce (not available in stores).
DISCLAIMER The content presented within the Kātha-Soma website is not intended as or should be considered as medical advice. Please consult with a healthcare practitioner for individual medical recommendations. Meditative Scents™ are developed and distributed exclusively by Kathā Soma Consumer Healthcare USA/2017.